Measham Medical Unit Dispensary Prescription Delivery Service Delivery Procedures
Our aim for the delivery service is to deliver the medication you need, when you need it and free of charge to our patients who are 60 years of age or over and this is how we will do it:
- Delivery to all patients who qualify free of charge providing the normal delivery procedures are followed.
- Deliveries will be made every 28 days during the morning normally between 0830 – 1230hrs.
- A delivery timetable will be issued which will show the date of delivery. There may be days when we cannot deliver on time due to unforeseen circumstances, and you should ensure that you have sufficient medication to last in these circumstances.
- Returning of completed repeat prescriptions:
- Each time you receive a delivery please give a completed prescription request to delivery person (only tick boxes next to the items you need – leave others blank) as we need to plan ahead!;
- If you do not have a delivery in any month, then please remember to post a completed repeat prescription to MMU for the next delivery (please ensure we have the repeat script at least 2 weeks before the delivery date);
- If you collect your delivery from MMU then please hand in, or post, a completed repeat prescription for your next delivery.
- Please let us know if you will either be on holiday or not at home for any delivery. If we do not receive a completed repeat prescription then we will deliver all the items normally on your repeat prescription.
We will normally only leave your prescription with yourself or an adult family member, however, we can leave it with another adult as long as you authorize this in advance. We may request a signature if given to someone other than yourself. In any event, we must hand the medicine to a person and we cannot leave it elsewhere, or post it through your letter box.
If you are not in when we call, then we will leave a card and you may collect it from Measham Medical Unit.
If you have any problems getting to the door or accepting the delivery, then please let us know in advance. We will always try to fulfil your delivery needs.
CLICK HERE to download our Request for Measham Medical Unit Dispensary Prescription Delivery Service Form.