If you take medicines on a regular basis – and so have “repeat prescriptions” - you can collect these from the repeat counter provided you have given us at least 48 working hours notice of your needs.
Collecting From a Pharmacy or Dispensary
Please be advised that the 48 working hour period is the time it takes for the prescription to be issued and signed by the doctor and sent to your nominated pharmacy or dispensary.
The Pharmacy and/or Dispensary still then need to order, dispense and check the medication once they have received the prescription, so you may have short wait if this process is not complete.
How to Request a Repeat Prescription
You can request your repeat prescriptions:
- In person
- By post (please allow for postal delays)
- Online via the link above. New users are required to complete a simple registration.
- NHS AP please click to order NHS App
- Engage Consult please register from the home page or click on the link https://engage.gp/7373/#/welcome
Please remember we require a minimum of two working days to process your request.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to speak to a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Changes to repeat prescription ordering
What is changing?
The way prescriptions are ordered is changing. From 30th June 2019 you will have to order your repeat prescriptions directly through your GP practice, and not through a high street or an internet pharmacy or appliance contractor.
What is not changing?
If you already order repeat prescriptions directly through your GP practice this will not affect you. When you order your repeat prescription directly through your GP practice, your pharmacy will continue to collect or receive as before. Pharmacies may also continue to deliver your prescription as before if they offer this service.
How to order your prescription:
- You can order repeat prescriptions through your GP practice online MMU Online Access
- Alternatively, you can drop off or post the tick slip, which is the right-hand side of your prescription which lists your current repeat medication. Tick only the medication you require and hand this in or post it to your GP practice. If you don’t have your slip please put your request in writing listing the medications you require along with your name, date of birth and a contact number.
For more information visit West Leicestershire CCG